JOB TITLE: Accounting Manager/Sales analyst
LOCATION: Primary location Murfreesboro TN. Additional Facilities in Franklin TN
REPORTS TO: COO
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salary DOE $50k+
EXTERNAL POSTING DATES: 12-2-18 – 12-14-18
We are looking for an Accounting Manager that has an incredible attention to detail that matches the detail orientated standard that we have at Life is Brewing.
The Accounting Manager oversees, manages and/or supervises the operation of assigned areas involved with various accounting functions; maintains and monitors effective internal controls to ensure accurate financial information, safeguards LIB assets, and complies with brewing regulations, accounting standards, and LIB policy; develops and implements strategic planning consistent with the LIB’s mission and strategic plan; approves, develops, and/or implements methods, procedures, controls, systems, and standards for efficient, effective, timely and accurate brewery operations; conducts general sales analysis and recommends and implements policy and procedures to improve related accounting and administrative functions; performs a variety of complex accounting functions including sales analysis and cash flow projections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work directly with senior management and personnel across all parts of the company.
• Manage financial operations and accounting of the brewery’s tap rooms (Franklin and Murfreesboro location )
• Manage invoicing and management of accounts receivable with the brewery’s distributors.
• Handle all day-to-day accounting and bookkeeping functions in the company’s new inventory and financial management software, Orchestrated Beer.
• Manage on-boarding of new employees, prepare bi-weekly payroll through ADP, and manage general human resources issues.
• Manage accounts payable and payment of vendors.
• Manage accounting of inventories for both the brewery and taproom, including month-end inventory counting and valuation procedures.
• Manage month-end closing procedures and prepare financial statements.
• Prepare periodic financial, inventory management, and product profitability reports for management.
• Prepare federal brewing excise tax and state tax returns.
• Assist the company in the implementation and management of financial controls.
• Assist senior management with the preparation and management of company projections, budgets, and other special FP&A projects.
• Coordinate advanced sales trend analysis of various accounting in orchestrated beer for cash flow analysis.
• Interpret analytical results from our two CRM’s and assess potential impact to the brewery and company and provide recommendations to the head brewer and/or COO to take action based on results.
REQUIRED SOFTWARE/HARDWARE USED:
• MS Office products; including Excel, Word, and Power Point
• Orchestrated Beer (An SAP based ERP)
• Drop Box and Teamwork (Project management/collaboration software)
• Lilypad and Hub Spot (CRM)
• Clover (Point of sale and requisite apps)
• Digital Pour (liquor management software and taproom analysis)
THE ULTIMATE CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
• CPA or master’s degree in accounting or finance preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience in public accounting or industry preferred.
• A strong background in bookkeeping and recording the day-to-day transactions of a company, through Quickbooks or other bookkeeping software.
• Payroll processing experience preferred, but not required.
• Able to work efficiently and with incredible attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to work unsupervised and manage your own time and the time of others effectively
• Work is at Hop Springs in Murfreesboro. With occasional trips to Mantra Artisan Ales
• Occasional travel required.
• Will be able to perform job remotely as required.
• Must be able to attend events as needed.
PLEASE APPLY HERE:
If you are interested in this position please supply a resume (bonus for graphically pleasing resume’s), and personalized cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the header “Make me the next Accounting Manager/Sales analyst”. If you do not follow those instructions, you will not be considered for the position.
ABOUT LIFE IS BREWING
Life is Brewing is a team of skilled hyper gregarious beer professionals that own Mantra Artisan Ales, Steel Barrel Brewing Co, Humulus Project and Hop Springs Farm. We are expanding with a new brewery in Murfreesboro TN. We currently operate an existing location in Franklin TN. Life is brewing has expanded at a 300% clip each year from its inception with continued expected growth for the next 3 years.
Steel Barrel Brewing Co is a new 60 bbl fully automated 5 vessel brewery that broke ground in the spring of 2017 with an estimated date of completion in December of this year. The new facility is the largest craft brewery in the state of Tennessee.
Mantra Artisan Ales is a collaboration with COO Derrick Morse and Celebrity Chef Maneet Chauhan. We are focused on flavor and the culinary aspect of brewing. With beers like, Saffron IPA, Japa (a milk chai stout), and Cassis (a whiskey barrel-aged Flanders style red on tart cherries and black currant). Mantra is focused on brewing with unique ingredients to develop full flavored brews. Most of Mantra’s clean beer production will be moved to Steel Barrel’s facility with all the spontaneous and wild beers being produced in Franklin.
Hop Springs is an 84 acre farm that will have an 8 acre hop field, 18 hole disc golf course, amphitheater, taproom, orchard, mountain bike trail, wedding venue, cabins, and of course a brewery.