JOB TITLE: Lead Brewer
LOCATION: Murfreesboro TN.
REPORTS TO: Director of Brewing Operations
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salary $52k + production bonus. Must be available to begin immediately
EXTERNAL POSTING DATES: 3-24-2021 – 3-31-2021
Life is Brewing is looking for a quizzical mind, a seeker, a Lead Brewer that envelopes the mindset of Life is
The perfect Lead Brewer will work collaboratively with the Head Brewer to produce high-quality product with efficiency for our three brands; Mantra Artisan Ales, Steel Barrel Brewing Co and Humulus Project. We also produce a significant amount of co-pack seltzer product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads all day-to-day brewing activities necessary to produce high quality, consistent beer, and seltzer
- Manage brewery operations of our 60BBL brew system crafting 100k BBLS of finished product per year.
- Lead, manage, and schedule the brewers, and cellarman.
- Promotes an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork within the department and the company..
- Effectively presents beer production in weekly cross-department meetings regarding Quality and Production.
- Advocates a continuous improvement culture throughout his/her team.
- Assists in the development and updating of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as necessary.
- Holds self and brewers accountable for adhering to SOPs and maintaining a sanitary and micro-biologically stable work environment.
- Facilitates future growth of the brewery through continuous optimization of current processes.
- Assists in the implementation of new equipment and processes.
- Works with senior management on new product development initiatives.
- Maintain brewing, cellaring, filtration, packaging, and other related documentation in an organized and complete manner.
- Provide hands-on relief of all positions as necessary.
- Help in the creation of research projects in collaboration with MTSU staff.
REQUIRED SOFTWARE/HARDWARE USED:
- MS Office products; including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience operating and managing an automated 60 BBL brew system utilizing factory talk, or similar technology.
- Windows 10 OS.
- DropBox and project management experience a plus.
- ERP Ekos or Orchestrated Beer a plus.
THE ULTIMATE CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- 4+ Years of brewing experience. Brewing seltzer experience preferred but not necessary.
- College degree and certification from an accredited brewing program, with a focus in microbiology, food science, or chemical engineering a plus.
- Strong mechanical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work unsupervised and manage your own time and the time of others effectively
- Focus on quality and consistency of finished product
- Work is in Murfreesboro TN
- Occasional travel required.
- Must be able to pick-up 55lbs and possibly stand for long periods.
PLEASE APPLY HERE:
If you are interested in this position please supply a resume, cover letter, AND portfolio to email@example.com with the header “Make me the next Lead Brewer”.
ABOUT LIFE IS BREWING
Life is Brewing is a team of skilled hyper gregarious beer professionals that own Mantra Artisan Ales, Steel Barrel Brewing Co, and Hop Springs Beer Park. We have expanded with a new brewery in Murfreesboro TN to provide co-pack opportunities for beer, seltzer, and RTD brands.
Hop Springs is a new 60 bbl fully automated 5 vessel brewery with a canning line that can produce 2.5m cases per year. Hop Springs broke ground in the spring of 2017 and went live in August of 2019. The property is an 84-acre farm that has an 18 hole disc golf course, amphitheater, taproom, hiking trail, wedding venue, and of course a brewery.