JOB TITLE: Shift Brewer
LOCATION: Primary location Murfreesboro TN. Additional Facilities in Franklin
REPORTS TO: Head Brewer
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Hourly
EXTERNAL POSTING DATES: 6-23-19 to 7-5-19
Life is Brewing is looking for a quizzical mind, a seeker, a Shift Brewer that envelopes the mindset of Life is
The perfect Shift Brewer will work collaboratively with the Head Brewer to produce high quality product with
efficiency for our two breweries; Mantra Artisan Ales, and Steel Barrel Brewing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads all day-to-day brewing activities necessary to produce high quality, consistent beer at the Steel Barrel facility at Hop Springs and Mantra Artisan Ales in Franklin
- Manage brewery operations of our 60BBL brew system crafting 12k+ BBLS per year.
- Lead, manage, and schedule the brewers, cellarman, racking and packaging personnel.
- Promotes an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork within the department and the company..
- Effectively represent Beer Production in weekly cross department meetings regarding Quality and Production.
- Advocates a continuous improvement culture throughout his/her team.
- Assists in development and updating of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as necessary.
- Holds self and brewers accountable for adhering to SOPs and maintaining a sanitary and micro-biologically stable work environment.
- Facilitates future growth of the brewery through continuous optimization of current processes.
- Assists in implementation of new equipment and processes.
- Works with senior management on new product development initiatives.
- Maintain brewing, cellaring, filtration, packaging and other related documentation in an organized and complete manner.
- Provide hands on relief of all positions as necessary.
- Help in the creation of research projects in collaboration with MTSU staff.
REQUIRED SOFTWARE/HARDWARE USED:
- MS Office products; including Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Experience operating and managing an automated 60 BBL brew system utilizing Braumat, or similar technology.
- Windows 10 OS.
- Orchestrated Beer.
- Drop Box and Teamwork project management experience a plus.
THE ULTIMATE CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- 2+ Years of brewing experience.
- College degree and certification from an accredited brewing program, with a focus in microbiology, food science or chemical engineering a plus.
- Strong mechanical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work unsupervised and manage your own time and the time of others effectively
- Focus on quality and consistency of finished product
- Work is at Mantra Artisan Ales until our new facility is operational July 15th afterwards work is primarily performed at Hop Springs in Murfreesboro. With occasional trips to Mantra Artisan Ales.
- Occasional travel required.
- May be asked to attend beer fests and must be able to help setup and break down.
- Must be able to pick-up 55lbs and possibly stand for long periods.
PLEASE APPLY HERE:
If you are interested in this position please supply a resume, cover letter, AND portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the header “Make me the next Shift Brewer”.
ABOUT LIFE IS BREWING
Life is Brewing is a team of skilled hyper gregarious beer professionals that own Mantra Artisan Ales, Steel Barrel Brewing Co, and Hop Springs Farm. We are expanding with a new brewery in Murfreesboro TN and a brewpub in Nashville TN. We currently operate an existing location in Franklin TN. Life is brewing has expanded at a 300% clip each year from its inception with continued expected growth for the next 3 years.
Steel Barrel Brewing Co is a new 60 bbl fully automated 5 vessel brewery that broke ground in the spring of 2017. Creating beer flavored beer, we pride ourselves in traditional styles at an affordable price.
Mantra Artisan Ales is a collaboration with COO Derrick Morse and
Celebrity Chef Maneet Chauhan. We are focused on flavor and the culinary aspect
of brewing. With beers like, Saffron IPA, Japa (a milk chai stout), and Cassis
(a whiskey barrel-aged Flanders style red on tart cherries and black currant).
Mantra is focused on brewing with unique ingredients to develop full flavored
brews. Most of Mantra’s clean beer production will be moved to Steel Barrel’s
facility with all the spontaneous and wild beers being produced in
Hop Springs is an 84 acre farm that has a 9 hole disc golf
course, amphitheater, taproom, orchard, hikeing trail, wedding venue, future cabins,
and of course a brewery.